just when you think you've seen it all....

Someone comes along and shows you what you never wanted to know or even conceive of.

Here in Austria, they have a nice saying about things like that, nice because it's a head-shaking, well-whaddaya know sort of gesture, not denigrating: 'God's got a very large zoo...'

Sums it up.

Apropos what, my non existent readers ask? Was having a discussion two days ago, and it was about the adult diaper baby scene and the scandal involving David Vitter. And someone came up with something so odd that they had seen on E-Bay, that I was amazed, sort of bemused, and well, let's just say, unsettled, as it was also so infantile. Am not gonna go into it, because it is trivial, but let's just say that it put the character of Susie (I think that's the name, long since I read it) in 'The Hotel New Hampshire' by John Irving in a whole new light. The one in the bear suit.... (that book saved my life a couple of times with the phrase 'keep passing the open windows' btw. Odd, what sticks in your head....)

Great balls of fire, how long has that been going ON???
Did he know ???

Oh well, better than contemplating Mr. Vitter's oddity. We go through life with blinkers, like dray-horses, I guess, and that is good so. Like Annti, I have no understanding or acceptance of that. She uses stronger language, but I can understand it. She's still young and angry, like me before I got ground down. For people who have seen their closest have to use Depends, no understanding, no tolerance.

Me and my friend have been through gangrene, open sores, three amputations, a stroke on his part, me being lamed and a brain fluid infection carefully coming back to life on my part. And so, well... some people have twisted imaginations, I guess....But Annti put it much better....

Just when you think, hey....

(Shakes head.....) God really DOES have an awfully big zoo....

0 Responses to "just when you think you've seen it all...."