Oh dear....

One of Austria's great music artists lost his battle against cancer today.

He was a true artist, could be very humorous, but his social conscience was vast. I was lucky to see him live once, and the atmosphere was unique. He will be sorely missed.

Cultured People
(Feine Leute)

Cultured people never sweat;
never go to work late.
Cultured people never love;
have dislikes, but can't hate.
Cultured people never pee
in your flower vases.
And they always know their lines,
don't fall upon their faces.
And they're born beneath an oh-so-charming star.
Oh, I love cultured people as they are.

Cultured people take their tea
with lady-finger sponge cakes;
sit on divans, so up-right.
They'd never swear, for god's sake!
Cultured people are so pure,
honest, open---nice!
They search so hard for higher truth,
yet still are drawn to vice.
And they love their fellow man--
but far away.
Oh, I love cultured people, you might say.


Cultured people are true-blue...
but only to their horses.
And they are so liberal!
They even make nice corpses!
Cultured people say, 'Thank God
that he made me so!
I'm so glad I'm perfect.
I was born that way, you know...'
Oh, I love them, for they glitter just like stars!
Yes, I love cultured people as they are...



Georg Danzer, ca 1979
Rest in peace, Schurl...

0 Responses to "Oh dear...."