Tequila

I’m sick and tired of smoking marijuana.
I’m sick and tired of hashish and cocaine.
And if you ask me, I’ll say ‘I don’t wanna.
It’s tempting, but I’m broke, thanks all the same.’
Last night I went downtown to see my dealer
And told him ‘From now on, I’ll take tequila…
And with salt, not to mention
Sun-ripened lemons!’

I’m really sick and tired of loving fat girls.
They always seem to sap my strength away.
But when I turn around and check out thin girls,
I find that they don’t move my either way….
I hear you ask yourself, ‘So what’s his problem?’
I want tequila, and I want it often.
But, and please pay attention:
With salt and with lemon.

I find that life is like a game of poker,
And all the other players have the chips.
Just once, I’d like to find I’m not the joker,
And get a royal flush instead of shit.
I’m sad to say I’m not a wheeler-dealer.
Perhaps the trouble lies with the tequila.
Not even to mention

The salt and those lemons.

Georg Danzer, ca. 1979

0 Responses to "Tequila"