Conflicted....

Yeah, I didn't go all hysterical and nuts hearing they (finally) got Bin Laden. The boogey man of the beginning of this century.

I just thought, 'well, that was about time, and well done...' And 'seems like it was well planned and executed... in every sense'.

But with the jumble of breathless first-rush journalism... I did notice that no one seemed to have their facts straight, and it sort of stank like some other stories in the wars that turned out to have not been as factual as first reported.

But that is how media works, as per usual. I have mentioned that I was present in the Olympic Village in Munich in 1972 when there was murder, hostage taking, and believe me, I KNOW how those bottom feeders work in the press, and it's not funny at all. They are an inner clique, and they feed, oh how they feed, and spread rumours and disinformation. There are few journalists I really respect.

I only bring up my lack of enthusiasm because it regards Munich. If anyone has seen the Spielberg film of the same name, well, in only a couple of years, Mossad tracked down the terrorists who were still alive and had planned it, and killed them fairly horribly, and there was collateral damage, and the film brought up some moral questions.

So why did the US need ten years? Bush was an asshole, surely, and quickly, Bin Laden seemingly wasn't a priority. Said so himself six months after 9/11...

('Shrugs) Am just ok with the fact that the fucker is dead, but he played the US big time. It was maybe hard to see, but he played them.

I'm not going to comment on the spontaneous celebrations.... period.

As to distorted facts, well, Rachel Maddow conducted a journalism 101 course this morning that everyone in the profession should really learn by heart.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

0 Responses to "Conflicted...."