Ok, one day left, and I am curious....

World ends tomorrow, might as well celebrate. Except it won't of course. Some people had fun with it.

Have been quiet. too disgusted with news I've been looking at. Lots of bad news on the women's reproductive rights front, which Maddow covers with laser-sharp precision. And from which I have recused myself with only a couple of exceptions when I was really pissed off. Although Rachel really had me laughing this week, 'sending the ladies out of the room', and sitting down to tell GUYS that their women were basically like their cars, and after so many miles, you get an oil change, ya see, and so on. It was hilarious... although being a GUY, I didn't like it on some internal level, but she was spot on.

The Wisconsin state legislature leaves me speechless with their ruthlessness, which has nothing to do with democracy. Pure Rethug facism.

And wanting to destroy medicare and eventually social security? Well, good luck with that. If they do, there will be a second revolution, I would think. You can only push people so far in my experience. And then it gets ugly.

Otherwise... well, have been pining over a friend's silence, and wishing to be on a couch with her with lots of snacks. Because they uploaded the first three seasons of True Blood on my site. And as it takes place in her neck of the woods, I end up having so many questions, would love to turn and ask them.

And yeah it's a vampire series, yet another. I love 'em, sue me. But mostly, this one fascinates me in trying to read the cultural signs of where it takes place, and from the many things I've read, and what I've been told... seems like a very dangerous place in the world.

0 Responses to "Ok, one day left, and I am curious...."