You've Touched Me

You've touched me: Pierced my armor and pretensions like an arrow.
I feel so naked and afraid, it chills my heart so.
Did you mean to or are you simply set on teasing?
And despite this tense dicomfort, it's so pleasing!

I ask myself why should you even have tried
To break down this re-inforced wall.
Did you see something there , that to you was quite clear,
But to me not apparent at all?

You've touched me. Yet of all your sweet attention I'm unworthy.
You elevate me, make me feel good, then so dirty.
You make me laugh when I should frown. Was this so fated?
In a way I cannot answer for, I feel elated!

Yet still I don't know where we stand, where we go
From here and should I even try?
I'm nothing so fine that you should waste your time
In teaching me how to fly high.

I'd touch you. I don't know how to go about it, but I want to.
If I were only sure you feel the same way I do.
And maybe it would still be better for me no to.
If you would only say you want me like I want you.

So give me some time to re-arrange my mind.
And I promise I'll be good for you.
I can't promise more. True, you might become bored;
But then again, I just might too.

Please touch me....
And we both will do our best together.
Touch me...
And I'll touch you.....

0 Responses to "You've Touched Me"