Uncertainty....

A couple of days ago, I saw there was this new movie on my pay-for channel, Rio.

I was surprised, because, it just opened in 'Murka. And had seen some people pimping it out on talk shows just before...

And hadn't seen a kid's film in decades, and best of all, it wasn't Disney. So I thought I'd look in and see what was subliminally infecting the country's youth. And it was sort of cool, if you think about it.

The last two blue macaws, they get brought together in RIO, which is the name of the fim... and if ypou think about the message... the blue macaws get imprisoned one way or another for most of the film. And yes, they get free, but not before some really bad guys come into play big time, and enslave them forever, and yeah, you can translate that to corporations, with a sugar coating... And the other birds who save them are kooky, and disorganised, and yet get it done. There are messages behind it all, I think. 'Setting up attitudes, I mean.

So I liked it. Was ok. I didn't have a favourite moment, it was just ok. Kids will certainly react differently to it.

The humans are so dorky, they should be banned, but don't take up much of the film.

0 Responses to "Uncertainty...."