Tja, kiddies...

I'd forgotten to relate this one.....

I found an angel in Peter's room.... crayon colored, gold foil wings... cute.

So I asked, 'Hey, you got a girlfriend? What's with the angel?'

He didn't know what I was taling about. So I showed him the 'damning evidence'.

He said, 'Oh, I made that with ths grade school girl. She wrote my mane on the back. Boy she's got a lot to learn.'

I turned it over, and the kid wrote it in blue crayon like she says it: 'Peta'. I have the photos to prove it, as John used to say...

On the one hand, I fell apart laughing. On the other? Is our children learning?

And I was FLOORED. Peter and grade school kids? Of ALL the things they offer, he got roped into that? He always pretended he didn't like children. But he did, actually, if they were someone else's and polite... which you don't see a lot of too often nowadays.

When the upstairs neighbors, the nice ones had two in succession, I was glad... little feet pattering about in a year or so, and something to bake to put in their school lunchboxes.

Peter was irate.

Just goes to show, hey. Elias, the oldest, was the funniest. Without wanting to be. He was four or so, and Peter had had his third amputation, and it was the first day I could take him outside.

He was in the hall, and saw what was missing. And he said, 'OH, poor Mr. P. He broke his leg, he's much to be pitied.'

Yup....

He broke his leg, hey. Amazing how little ones process what they see. Actually, I thought it was hilarious.

Huh... Peter doing crafts with grade school kids...

How far away can you get from reality?

0 Responses to "Tja, kiddies..."