hmmm... adolescent heartbreak

Tonite... a guild member said it had been a looonnnnnng day for him.

Everyone took the bait, of course. His girlfriend had just dumped him... per sms. 'But we can still be friends.'

And everyone jumped in, and started offering consolation and advice..

He said he would go out and get blind drunk tomorrow... and there were about fifteen people who strongly advised him to forget it... wouldn' help. I was one of them.

He likes my new rogue... Wilde Wanda, thought the name was cooool. I said it was a real person back in the 70's because she always beat up on the police, so I thought it was fitting... which he found even cooler. I told her I'd met her once, and that she'd been nice, actually....

I didn't tell him that she was Vienna's only female pimp, and was notorious. And I did meet her... she checked into the hotel, hiding from the cops. The criminal police came and checked our books and she was in there, but they overlooked it, and Peter and I didn't rat her out. She was sort of a rebel hero, and great fodder for the newspapers... besides which.... she'd have torn us limb from limb... smile.

So this kid... goes by the name 'Grandpa Simpson'... and plays it badass. Thank you, Simpsons, for giving shining examples to young people all over the wuurrrld.

Turns out he's only fifteen.

When he signed off, he said thank you, he felt like he'd found 'fambly' in the guild.

And they really are very nice.

It was an interesting look into the minds of an adolescent with raging hormones.... seemingly... who got hurt.

A global every day story.

People aren't really so different wherever you go. Being so comfortable to break up per cell phone message? How tacky. I was just about to add 'in MY day...' and realised... I got oooolld.

smile.

0 Responses to "hmmm... adolescent heartbreak"