Just another vid...

Hubert von Goisern has been around for over a decade and a half. I just listened to something I really loved when it came out. His music isn't typical of what austrian pop music is.. he was more into cross-breeding traditional music with modern trends, and has always been interesting. This has hardly any text, but is so romantic and melancholy, it gets under the skin. Loosely translated: Can't you hear it?

Can't you hear it, the time going by?

Just yesterday, we talked totally differently.

The young have grown old, and the old have died (away)

And yesterday's become today, and today will soon be tomorrow.

Can't you hear it? Can't you hear it?

It takes yodeling back to what it was originally. And it isn't kitsch. So Lawrence Welk won't roll over in his grave the way he is over the one below. I hope you enjoy it.

3 Responses to "Just another vid..."

Unknown says
17 February 2012 at 15:59

a great song!
I had the chance to be with Hubert one day in Salzburg - very long time ago) we were making a party and the window was open. One of us played guitar and suddenly someone from the other side of the street shouted "hey, who's playing there, can I come up"
So it happened that he entertained us for some time. Was a great time with a really great man and entertainer...

RenB says
17 February 2012 at 22:41

Thank you so much for sharing that. It must have been a remarkable evening for you all.

I sort of figured he was really cool.

Unfortunately, he was never one of the people I got to see personally at work, but did have the privilege of meeting many others.

Am glad you share my view about that song. For me, it says something about the good part of the local mind-set, even though it is melancholy. And yet romantic.

I'm not sure people elsewhere would really understand.

And think it super that you had the chance to see the person behind the artist.

RenB says
18 February 2012 at 00:24

And just between us:

When I hear it... I think of the generations of people who have passed through the hotel doors and some are no more....

And my eyes leak.

But don't tell anyone.