Just when the driver thought it was safe

to get out of the car and save the rabbit who seemed glued to the tarmac and blinded by the headlights for over fourteen months, he opened the door, and the pretty cuddly bunny hopped away on his own and disappeared after sadly looking back just once.

See? I can be terse, sometimes. A whole tragedy in one sentence.

It doesn't need further explanation.

So yes, no birfday present this year, and the chances are huge that all I get is coal in my stocking. Yup.

Update: Goodness, after seeing it up there, I just realised, I could enter that in the Bullwer-Lytton fiction contest. I only did that once, and got a citation in my name, with the line: 'Whose pen is less mighty than the sword'. And I worked HARD to get that. I was so proud.... The contest involves writing the worst opening sentence imagineable for a novel. This one just slipped out. Go figure.

0 Responses to "Just when the driver thought it was safe"