Signs of the times...

Note: these photos and the ones below are far nicer if you click on one and open it in a new tab or window. The condensation hampers them somehow. Tja. Blogger.... Live and learn.

Once some years ago, Jesus asked me to show him the red light district.











Told him this awning wasn't a one-time manufacturing mistake, there used to be three in town.










He thought this one looked a little seedy....











although the main entrance looks respectable enough.










He thought this one was a bit too garish.










And this one too french.










He nearly chose this one, but I know the woman at the bar sits there and knits all the time, just like Madame Defarge. Creepy.










He liked the phallic graphics on this one










And that is where I left him, turns out. Asked him next day if he had a nice evening, and Jesus said he certainly did. 'I visited with a lady.' Jesus was of Mexican descent, from Austin Texas, and a body-builder. His friends called him Jess. Jesus was a gentleman.










So we have disaffected youth around here, but they always seem to interchange 'save' with 'safe', and 'live' with 'life'.











Although they get the expletives correct, at least....










as we see here.....










but sometimes they get weirdly cryptic. I still am not sure if I read it correctly.











Annti would love this place. They make tattoos into a 'life-style'.











Of course there are weird events posted on kiosks. I'm not so certain I want to know what a kiddy contest is, though.....











There is a mountain and adventure movie festival, though.











And I thought he was dead....













And when these oldies play Graz, you know their career peaked a long while ago.











But having these guys guest at the opera is just beyond necrophilia. And the NEXT big thing will probably be having the mummified Ronald Reagan displayed, with a showing of Bedtime for Bonz0, or the Western series.... Just save me.... or shoot me....

Signs of the times, all right.

0 Responses to "Signs of the times..."