What an ODD day....immigration issues, actually...

No, don't run away, will not whine or bitch, promise, hand on my heart and swear to Gawd, whoever she is..... Am not sure what that doctor gave me, but it sure is weird....

At five a.m. I checked Murika blog, and the results were Obambi leading in delegates.

And then I had to go get Peter and taking him over to the square to get shaved, because he can't do it since his stroke, and I am NOT about to go out and get a straight razor. Uh-UH... Contrary to popular rumour, I am not Sweeney Todd..... yet....

So he tells me the local radio reported the opposite, and the sHill is ahead with delegates. Well, we sort of argued over that one, but he turns out to be right. Whatever. So much can happen in three hours, hey...

I got him out of the house, and had my Porsche of a heart racing at Monza this morning. Not so good. And wheeled him over to Mr. Enver Bakota's one-man little hair-cutting salon. (No, he is not Sweeney Todd, either....) Near my home, out on the square. He seems to be a nice person, and has a nice way about him. Except he was a bit grouchy today.

As per usual, I went outside and had a cigarette. Seems he spilled his guts while I was out. Peter told me about it afterward. Mr. Bakota is Turkish. Been here six years. He had to get his extension to stay here, and normally, the way it used to be, if you had been here five years, you got a five-year extension for a work permit, and my goodness, did I ever have to go there. They often weren't so friendly, you know?

My most fun time was this horrible woman who once loudly remarked that foreigners stink? Loudly enough so that everyone heard. Well I had to go back home and get some missing papers, and put on so much Christian Dior cologne, I STANK. Nice stuff, but too much... you know, so bad an Ami would start yelling 'This is a NO ODOR zone!' Well sort of overwhelming. And sort of moved so she nearly got the overwhelmed part of it, hey. (My gawwd it is FUN to be young and reckless.... and a little bit MEAN.) Believe me, she got the point, and that stuff was expensive---

Whatever, today it made me go into Dickens mode for outrage at social injustice.... And sick to my stomach, hey. Gave me the dry heaves. (I haven't been able to keep anything down for over a week, just soup. )

They only gave him one year, NEW RULES, as Bill Maher would say... And he had to pay over three hundred Euros for it. That is one hell of a lot of money for what he is taking in.

He speaks well, is industrious, it just is not FAIR. I was in there two days ago because I hadn't shaved in five days and had to go to the doctor's, and was so upset, I nearly puked, and had to leave fast. Wanted a shave because my bloody Bics are no use if wait so long,
(Yeah, I have this puking thing. I can not keep anything down, hardly. Yup, just eat it and throw it up, like an anorexic ballerino. Is that a WORD? Just askin')

When I wheeled Peter over there, Enver was so concerned about that.... I played it down.

It was just basic human kindness, and we could use a lot more of that around here.

Maybe I am sort of off-the-wall crazy at the moment. But it seems to me, well, this used to be a country which was at the forefront of taking in political refugees, even if it was a small place. It was something that made me PROUD to be an adopted---(some people would maintain a 'sneaked in member' ) of this wonderful country. And of all the ones over the past thirty years, most used us as a stopping place to go elsewhere, where the job prospects were better.

But it was always Eastern Europe, Caucasian types at first. And then came some Indonesians. A bunch of Africans. And Asians. Well, how exciting. EXCEPT.... they won't give them work permits in most cases, nowadays....

The 'locals' get pretty freaked when people who are sort of brown or yellowish suddenly turned up. They do not handle it well. And they go sort of Dachshund for attack little ankle biters, 'because they do not learn German' immediately. Well, Preciousses, MOST of them speak about five languages fluently. The locals mostly do not. German is not exactly easy to learn. (There is some hope in the younger generation, that they learn other languages. They should not be so insular or xenophobic.)

It is not FAIR. If you fucking take them in, you have to give them a CHANCE. Or you change the rules and do not let them in at all. You DO NOT put them out on the streets selling newspapers, or delivering them, where in one case, a perfectly peaceful guy I knew, so tiny and decent, got knifed by some racist pig and hurt so badly he can't work any more. Permanent damage. And refuse now to give them a work permit. So some of them go into criminal activities just to keep food on the table, and it reinforces the locals' predjudices. Which reinforces my anger, so I throw up a lot.

And while we are on the fucking subject... I have had intimtate relations with people from five of seven continents. (The guy from North Korea, sort of freaked me out. But I had a nice Japanese friend...... And the guy from Peru was 'pretty'.... Just sayin'...)

If there is a POINT to all of this... People are just people. Some of them are so nice you could fall in love. Some of them are not. I get so fucking Angry, when I see people diss people because they do not look like them. Didn't they EVER look in their eyes??? It never matters whom one is intimate with as long as the chemistry is right. And now that I have done my 'whore of Babylon' post.... Well....

Am SO under the bed.

Huh. I was going to do something 'fun' today. Uh huh..... The formidable, incomparable, extraordinary TRex had me nearly falling off my chair laughing today. I never thought an old geek from New England would fall for the incredible charm and wit of one of the most erudite writers I have ever run across. From Georgia. The South still produces some of the most wonderful gentlemen and ladies I have ever had the honour to meet. Sorta crazy, but gentlemen and ladies.

Maybe tomorrow. Who knows?

So take a look at those 'strange' people who pass you by on the street. Some of them might enrich your life one thousand fold.

TRex is in my side bar. When he is really good, he is a wonder. That guy is on FIRE, hey, and I wish I could be that funny. Some stuff is so wonderful.

Now what did that doctor fucking GIVE me for meds? Bloody odd, hey...

Tja. Well, tomorrow is another day.... and how trite.

0 Responses to "What an ODD day....immigration issues, actually..."