I do not know if I will finish this one....

But sometimes, Preciousses, you have an encounter with a person who can mind-fuck you and leave you off the charts for being just 'all right'.

It was last week, okay? I got 'introduced' to a new neighbor. Only thing that surprised me is that he is in the French Foreign Legion, so he remains here five months, and goes back to Africa. Uh HUH.

I have 'met' a mess of people in my life, but THAT was extraordinary.

He looks as what you would expect him to look like. Shaved head, but a nice dome, incredibly green eyes that are always looking inward, and when he comes out of that and FOCUSES on you, well, a little scary. And his face a bit scarred, road-map of his life.

He is fifty years old. And what I want to know is WHY was Upper Austria so BORING in the Fifties that he would make that decision....

Yes, am an idjit, but... curious.

He told me about his experiences from Viet Nam to Chad and Somalia. He really, REALLY hates the US, and their foreign policy. Till, at the end, I just sat there, and silently cried. He told me stuff.... It is unrepeatable. How do people GO through that shit? 'I was just lucky.'


Uh-huh. It was amazing, and crushing, and I heard things I never realised human beings could DO to one another. Absolutely appallling.

0 Responses to "I do not know if I will finish this one...."