Whelp... I think I got something accomplished today....

And for me right now, well, that isn't exactly my forte at present. You can usually find me 'under the bed' in a more or less foetal position. But that is another story for another time....

Remember during the election campaign here, and how I said I was so impressed by Elke Kahr? Well she remained the city senator for state-approved appartments and living conditions, so today Peter got to see her personally in City Hall. It was an early appointment, and saw her arrive, hey, and she has to be, HAS to be, one of the most vibrant women in all Austria. Charisma, a very unique charisma that charms you right on the spot before you know what hit you. Those eyes, so intense and curious and open to the world. Such beauty, and it comes from within.

(Yes, YEAH already, I KNOW I don't swing that way, but I can appreciate it when I see it. I would wish to be a good friend, all right? And I don't care what party she represents. She is for real, and that is what counts. You do not encounter people so exceptional just everyday on the street, you know?)

Whatever, it was the usual 'wait out in the hall' bureacratic crap till his time came. A half-hour later than scheduled, of course, but she's one busy lady. I went outside to have a smoke, so I didn't see when it happened, but they rolled him in.

And there was this somewhat elderly woman with a bad hip who works at the all-night hot-dog stand out on my square, and what might be her son, didn't wanna ask, as he is a dodgy little guy, and her thirteen year old dog, grey in the muzzle and so friendly, and we made friends, of course. The dog and me, I mean. The lady and I are polite and friendly to one another. Erik always ignores me. I'm not 'bad' enough seemingly, but that's ok. I don't want to GET to his kind of bad, or I would turn into Charles Bukowski.

Peter was in there a half-hour. Then Frau Kahr came out and said I could take him home, she had just given him a glass of water. And I thought 'WTF?'

Well, we had two other chores to do, it is unnaturally warm, so I was overdressed, and pushing his ASS across town, and my new meds are weird, perception-wise, I mean, really....

But I got it done, Preciousses, without whining and going into Gollum mode.

Back home, it finally came out. She had remembered me, who I am. Well, that sort of freaked me... It was the day before the election, she'd seen thousands of people. And I am in no way really remarkable, ya know???? But she told him I 'seemed' so 'Austrian', and meant it as a compliment. He had told her about all the good things I had done for him, and nearly broke down in her office over that. When he mentioned what I called the assisted-living place, she fell apart, and said, 'I know, he has a wicked sense of humour.' (She probably thought I was joking when I told her I did a poll on MOB, and she had won. It wasn't a joke.)

She was incredibly nice to him.

She has two solutions to his problem. So we shall see which is best. And where he was? They are going to do something about it.

About time...

Finally, I have a sense that something is going forward here. It is never easy....

0 Responses to "Whelp... I think I got something accomplished today...."