Just when you think you got your mouf under control..

You slip.

Damage control... äääh. äääh, ääääh, äääh! Gawd....

Had a very nice talk yesterday with my almost 'in-law' in Frankfurt. She is ninety, and very beautiful. And about to visit in about two weeks with her two daughters. And likes me.

And it only took two words to drive her into complete shock: 'my appartment'.

And she said, 'WHAAAA?'

I'd thought she knew that I live alone since 2001. She was speechless, I tell you, speechless.

'I'm going to need some time to digest this', she kept saying.

Whereupon I had to come clean about his financial situation, and explain, explain, explain.... It was horrible.

I've been there every day since I moved out, and it caused me a mess of grief. But I was there.

Have sent two mails since, but no response. How could I have been so idiotic?

And all because of two innocent words... 'my appartment'.

And it wouldn't be my almost in-law when one of the first things she asked was, did he give me at least something for my place. He did. More than enough.

So today am kicking myself in the ass.

What fun.....

0 Responses to "Just when you think you got your mouf under control.."