Well, since it is Mother's Day....

And Pfingsten all at the same time.... Time to ruminate....

Pfingsten is the Catholic day you have to go to church on, a 'holy day of obligation', as one of my grandmothers used to say. It was sort of odd. Had something to do with firey tongues hovering over the apostle's heads, and they could understand strange languages.... Well, try as I might, I never understood the Turks across the street. It sounded like it had no consonants.

But Mother's Day, yeah, I can get into that. I had two. My biological mother, and my step-mother. And of the two, I loved the latter dearly. She prepared me for life, and she never made judgemental decisions. And I am so glad that I expressed my appreciation and gratitude before she slipped away from us and died. She was just awesome.

I never did that for my biological mother. She was divisive, judgemental, and a steam-roller of a person who left everyone flattened on the sidewalk. Sometimes I hate what she did. With a passion.

So I guess I was lucky. I got to pick and choose, you know?

It wasn't easy, no.

I regret not having connected with 'that woman' before she passed away. But I could never have thanked her for anything.

So if anyone has a Mom who does everything for you and loves you, you don't need flowers, or anything special. Just TELL her how thankful you are for all she did, and make it come from the bottom of your heart.

And if anyone knows how those tongues of fire really work, would love to know....

Just sayin'

0 Responses to "Well, since it is Mother's Day...."