Just had a funny memory..... Venice

Sitting in St. Mark's Square in Venice one of the last times. And they have duelling musicians in front of the cafés there in season. And we were chatting and laughing, and having a wonderful time. And the ones nearest us began the WORST and most MAUDLIN version of 'My Heart Will Go On' from Titanic that I have EVER heard.....

And it was high tide, and water started to bubble out of the drains beneath the square and started to flood it. (It happens very slowly, btw...) And I spotted it bubbling up near our table, leaned over, and said, 'Hey.... whenever we're here... do you often get this sinking feeling????' and nodded in that direction.

Peter bust out laughing so hard.... And the musicians drew out the end so badly and so long we burst out singing ''And ON, and On, and on and on.... and On and On and on and on...' till I muttered, 'Oh, give me a break. Where are the life jackets?'

We ended up in near-hysterics for laughing. I so miss that.

0 Responses to "Just had a funny memory..... Venice"