Just an intermission...

Opera... Haven't been in years, but at the time, I witnessed something remarkable.

Anna Bolena... Donizetti. And I thought I had fallen 'in-love'. And this 'person', took me for the first time. With his clique. I liked the guy, hated the clique.

And we were in a loge in the opera. How classy. Except.... the audience wasn't. And it ended with a viennese claque coming down to boo her, and the Graz people defending her... (It was a lovely show, sets from the Met in NY, and she made up for acting in what her upper register was lacking....)... and from my perch in the loge, I saw people bitch-slapping one another. Good we have gun laws, it would have been pistols at dawn.

People here have other reasons to be vitriolic.

It used to be fun. But the Opera was... and some of you have been there.

0 Responses to "Just an intermission..."