Beyond the pale.... why can't 'Murkins be

like the Japanese.

I did a moratorium yesterday, because I didn't want to add to any panic, given the very dark thoughts I was having, or fears.

But what I have been seeing has a basis in experience. Sure, the catastrophe was twenty-five years ago, but those things really stay fresh in your memory. And seemingly, no one has learned one iota since Tschernobyl when the shit hits the fan, and know what to do. Latest info? Yeah, they're gonna throw water on it. Good luck with THAT shit.... Even US experts have begun saying they need the Russian Hail Mary pass, and cover the reactors with cement.

And another report: in the US, they went into a panic buying up all the iodide they could find to avoid thyroid cancer. Uh-huh.

Well... a very respectable expert and physicist explained to all and sundry on the TODAY show... that doesn't do doodley-squat. And shouldn't be the main concern anyway. Concerns should be about released strontium, which affects bones and bone marrow. But the most horrible of what gets released is Cäsium... which can affect everything in your body, and there is no antidote that I ever heard of for that, and we had a lot of it here, and they reacted properly, places to avoid at all costs, but there's a problem with that. That element takes 300 years to decay. Can we say we're 'jolly'????

Everything I've seen today borders on 'oh, all will be well, all will be entirely well....' Uh-huh, have heard it before, thank you. Obviously, the radiation levels weren't so high in my area as to cause noticeable problems... but I do not think that any studies were ever conducted to track a rise in levels of certain cancers and other related sicknesses here either. It was a tragedy for us, unseeable, unknowable, and people moved on... but for people of my generation, it was a lesson and struck a fear into us that lasts to this day a quarter of a century later.

So far... I don't think there is much danger in what might get carried on the winds a half a world away in either direction. So far... There might be a little, but negligible. Where was the concern when the US and France tested a-bombs in in the South Pacific, and even Nevada? Even marching their troops up to see how they would react at several miles distance when they blew them up? No one sort of talks about that, now do they?

Hell, even W. was with the Legion outside Tahiti, and had to do that, watching from an island not far away, he told me that, and it didn't seem to be one of his favourite. experiences.

But hell.... everything was 'tiny' and not part of the global economy, so just fuck those tiny atolls, or whatever they were.

I guess I'm trying to say I am disgusted. The people who are really going to suffer are the people in Japan. And US hysteria among certain segments of the population are unwarranted. They should worry about the toxins in their own areas, and fracking, which could lead to setting their tap water on fire, but oh, don't they need that natural gas, hey. I wouldn't want to drink that shit....

No, all that worries me right now are the people in Japan who got a triple-whammy.

And if I see one more asshole Xtian gloating about how this is God's revenge for Pearl Harbor on Twitter, I might trash my 'machine'.

0 Responses to "Beyond the pale.... why can't 'Murkins be"