I spent a few hours on the internets last nite....

And some of the callousness, and hatefulness of what I saw on Twitter feeds made me feel spitless. And despairing. How can people FEEL like that? We're all interconnected, whether we like it or not, we are a global human family. And some 'entertainment' in the US right now makes me feel ashamed of what the culture I grew up in has become.

Self-righteous, selfish, and devoid of any community feeling, and angry and envious of anyone who gets more than they do. It is reflected in tee-vee shows... like 90210, or Gossip Girl, and a number of others. A generation showing rich, entitled vixen and toy boys who lack any sense of morality, other than what can make their lives richer, and have no reticence at screwing over anyone to get what they want.

That is CRASS, admittedly. But... the tweets show us how spiteful, and amoral, and selfish people have become. So it isn't just the media. They think it might get them somewhere.

Thus I have to ask a question in the form of a song, one which is gonna be timeless....

0 Responses to "I spent a few hours on the internets last nite...."