Good grief, hey....

I'm so out of the loop, it's pathetic. Got up and wanted to whip up the energy to finally go visit Peter. So first stop, it being Monday, get something for breakfast next door. (Sundays I vegetate and just try to sleep. Never go out, just check up on things I didn't have time to check during the week.

And I went next door... and they were closed. EVERYTHING was closed, and barely being awake yet, was all 'WTF??? A horriday? What the hell is going on now? We already had Christ's fahrt to heaven, so... June, double horri... OH CRAP. Of course, it's Pentecost, which is a double, the Sunday and Pentecost Monday. Everything closed.'

My synapses in the brain are sluggish in the morning, creepy but true.

Which meant, rev down, take the bus to the train station for some staples for the day, as I had not stocked up on anything, and that's the only place you can get anything, then come home and kick myself for now having been aware.

And it also meant no trip to Gamlitz, because there is no bus connection from Ehrenhausen to Gamlitz, and there is no WAY I'm walking the seven kilometers over hillsides each way to get to the nursing home. It's gonna be thirty degrees C. Verflixt! It's taken me a week to get revved up for that visit.

So will have to bore myself back to sleep and try again tomorrow. Crap!

0 Responses to "Good grief, hey...."