Other stuff I did while I was inccomunicado....

Watch movies of course, and news on the interweb thing. My superchannel is sort of wonky in that department. I can get every soap imagineable world-wide, but since it is called Soapaliens, well hey, you know what you're getting. And if they post movies, well, they'll be sort of odd, of course.

And they do all the competition shows, which are mostly boring, although it is fun to watch people mostly making an ass of themselves. I get it. As to soaps, there are some humungous differences in what they do world-wide. But it boils down to the same thing... dumbing down the public. And if you watch the message boards on The Bold and the Beautiful, it proves what I've been saying for over a decade now.

Peter got into it, we were still in the Mühlgasse, and I would come home and make lunch or supper, depending on my shift, and while making lunch, he was glued to 'The Forresters' as he called it.... although the german version is called 'Rich and Beautiful'. This piece of shit drove me crazy. And I could hear it in the kitchen while cooking, and yell a lot, because that show never moves. It's for analphabets. Repeat ten times, take a step forward. And I would say, 'Talk about dumbing you down, how can you WATCH that? It's degrading anyone with any sort of intelligence!'

It was just a blip on my radar screen, but irritating. Well, I never watched, but ten years later, Peter is still addicted to it, so I got in and know all the back-stories. It's the most painful 22 minutes of my day for wincing at dumb, but it gives us something to talk about...

I still can't figure how that show won a daytime Emmy last year, it is appallingly dumb.

But it is the comments boards on the site which really cement and prove my theory. Dumbing down. There are people who just use 'there' 'they're', my favourite today was someone using 'accept' when they meant 'except'... and forget about using who and whom in the right context. I had teachers who practically beat it into us. And it gets really weird when they use it to neuter what they are referring to, and use 'that' instead of who. Newscasters do this shit. I don't like them.

Yeah, semanitcs again.

So I saw some movies, as if that were something new. Lame. '2012' was up. Well, Roland Emmerich can do catastrophe films like no one else, but his endings are so patriotic sick he spoils them. My one 'jolly' was the scene where the Pope was praying, and there was a crowd outside. And I thought, 'leave it to the Italians to dress up really big for the apocalypse', before the Church virtually rolled over them.

I watched this horrible film called Hall Pass, which was about couples taking a break from their marriages. The men were buffoons, the wives nearly got it on, and then had to face they were getting older... If you are in depression, you needn't see it, it's a wrong thing to do.

And there was this film called 'Couple's Retreat'... with Vince Vaughan.

Here is what I get from the U'S media: Women are wise, except when they have melt-downs and go either self-destructive, or homicidal. Men... are wimps, Cooked spaghetti, they wimp out, are p-whipped concoctions, and have you noticed? The women always hang out and voice all their concerns, and can be really bitches, but they stick together. The Men... sort of just fold into jello molds and let themselves be played.

And if you get that reflected at you in everything on the tee-vee machine, it's like programming a nation....

Because I think nothing is further from the truth.

0 Responses to "Other stuff I did while I was inccomunicado...."