How To Make an Easter Tree


I can not post this at Annti's... She is too allergic to Xtrian things, you know? But am sort of old fashioned, and like traditions, even if I am a non-believer. Especially if they are 'pretty'. (Now how gay is that, huh?)

So I kicked myself in the ASS this morning, to get out of my post 'Part-em' depression, and did the following. I went to the market, and got a mess of tulips. Orange perfect ones. And a box of hand-colored hard-boiled Easter eggs. Then I went to a bakery, and got really killer coffee to go, the kind that puts hair on your chest. One black, one with milk. And an awesome big marshmallow 'peep' with cute chocolate wings, ( a chick), because someone I know has a big sweet tooth, oh yes.... And marched myself over to the hotel and surprised my favorite colleague with all that stuff at six-thirty-five in the a.m. She went off the charts for overwhelmed, and gave me SUCH a hug, that tiny person..... It made me feel better than I had felt in weeks.

So we had corfee and sniggarettes, and good chat, and it was very very nice. She told me she had let her youngest daughter see Sweeney Todd, because the girl loves Johnny Depp. Her mother had seen the concert version I had lent her on DVD, so she 'prepared ' her for the content and let her go with her friends. She said, 'She is two months short of the age limit for that, but you have to sometimes let your children feel like they are 'grown-ups'. ' Smart lady. Her daughter came back fully shaken. 'It was so bloody, Mama. I got scared. And so tragic. He nearly kills his daughter, and then kills his wife!' She handled the rest VERY well.

No, still haven't seen it. Will wait for the DVD. I don't NEED a blood-bath on a wide-scream screen with my nerves right now....

Then it was back to the market to get provisons for yet ANOTHER three day holiday, and for the Easter tree, which I should have done last week. My Gaaaawwwd, the prices are so up it is ridiculous!

So this is how you make an Easter tree.... You need a big vase. You buy some forsythia branches beginning to bloom, or cut off some long branches if they are in your garden. And a couple of fruit tree branches about to blossom. A couple of green things beginning to throw leaves. Pussy willows. Furry, pretty. LOTS. And THEN, you hang lots of blown-out hand painted eggs on it. I sort of LIKE kitsch if it is underdone, so I have three little birds in the tree. Not too much, not too little. It is a big tree.

At base, it is a pagan ritual. Renewal. And in that week, on Easter Sunday. everything blooms.

And it is lovely.

Peter didn't expect it and cried this morning. (I haven't done a Christmas tree in over three years... ) Yes, I did it for him. He is REALLY bad off. I got scared. And we have the same GP who makes house calls.

Well, I had to get some prescriptions renewed the other day, and said, 'Listen, it is really really not my place to tell you this, but I am going to give you a HINT about something. Peter is not telling you that he has chest pain on the left side, and he is depressive. How YOU deal with it is your thing.'

(you know.... you BE with someone thirty-one YEARS..... and you have no RIGHTS.)

He said, 'Peter is 'difficult' and stuborn.' And I said, 'Tell me about it... Maybe you can direct your questions so he tells you. It is just a HINT, hey....'

He has no problem with it. My GP is nice.

Good God, what an Easter hey.

Mensch. It was a start. Am TIRED of being the person in the feotal position, 'under the bed.'

0 Responses to "How To Make an Easter Tree"