Some things are so damned intriguing...

I had to spend four hours at my internist's office today. And between the different tests you have to subject yourself to, you have to be out in the waiting room. Well... you can catch up on gossip magazines you would never buy. Or observe. I chose the latter....

It can be sort of fascinating. There was this guy about mid-Fifty with a gold tooth, shaved head, and a much MUCH younger girlfriend there. And they were speaking a language I SWEAR I have never heard before. Soon joined by a somewhat younger man, and the MEN gave each other a kiss on the cheek like fucking debutantes, but manlier.... And ignored the woman, who was beautiful. Only on one side, hey... And then... they got into a deep discussion, and it was all sibilant. Lots of 'SH' things in it. I recognise Slavic languages when I hear them. Wasn't. It didn't have the gutterals at all, so couldn't be Turkish. I was completely perplexed. But so stressed out, I didn't politely address them and ASK. (My nerves aren't so hot right now...) but fascinating...

Then a completely covered 'old woman' from the Middle East with her son. Talk about your matriachies. Whoooo. The son had to accompany his mother to the sonar session. And I thought, 'WHY didn't she go to a female internist in the FIRST place????' It was pretty freaky, hey....

But just when I was nearly done.....

I had to go out into the waiting room yet again. And I was 'irritated', to put it mildly...

There was this couple. My immediate thought was, what the HELL are Americans doing in here? Of the GOP variety. NO ONE dresses like that here.

But they both spoke local dialect. EXCEPT.... they kept throwing in things in absolutely perfect American English. Without an accent. They both felt ABSOLUTELY superior, and were making fun of people's shoes.... and the people. I nearly barfed. THAT was OK. Yeah, right.

And as for the idiot husband and his exaggerated facial expressions, the man is bi. And self-hating.

Interesting morning....

Just sayin'

0 Responses to "Some things are so damned intriguing..."