Ok, am waiting... but nada. Just when you think you heard the Pope apoligising for child abuse

---and German television maintained that the Pope apologised for the child molestation scandals when he landed in Washington, he added a qualifier.

NO ONE has picked up on it.

No one. I jumped out of the chair and threw things at Peter's television, I was so angry.

Because he added it wouldn't have happened if American moral values hadn't sunken so low.

WHA?

Ok. Let's go at this one step at a time. Did anyone out there tell their little Jane to raise her skirt in confession and show a little thigh in the confessional? Or little Johnny to rub his crotch in the same stiuation? And maybe he gets a scholarship later on?

No, I didn't think so.

I had a very odd situation in my youth in a confessional. That priest scared me, and I never went back again.

And when I read a year or so ago that over 100 priests in my diocese were molesting children, and got quietly shunted off to 'elsewhere ' thanks to the bishop of Massachussets, I was dis-fucking-gusted.

So what was that for an apology? WE are to blame?

NO. If you are a child, and your parents teach you what to watch OUT for regarding dangers in the world, you have the antennae, and KNOW, 'get outta here NOW!'

So where the FUCK does he get off, blaming the vicitims and their parents?

Apology? It was an attack.

He used the pivot and turned it right back around to the victims.

And he should just fuck off.

And NOW I am gonna take a second blood pressure pill and go to bed.

Update, finally a reaction found via Mikes's blog round-up on Crooks and Liars nearly 72 hours later, and that via the BBC. Link is here.

0 Responses to "Ok, am waiting... but nada. Just when you think you heard the Pope apoligising for child abuse"