NEVER answer the phone out of a deep sleep....

and wtf did I just DOOO? ???

Had five days of getting up at four a.m., running to work, nothing happening, so hard to get through the day, mostly got yelled at, but that is something I do not go into on this blog.


Deep breath.... from the top. I was tired, we have Mordor weather, it doesn't get light. I was just depressed and exhausted, so I went to bed at noon. And then the bloody phone rang. Long. I thought Peter had fallen down again or something.

I had this unreal older woman voice out of Munich. When I hear that diction and sort of voice, I listen up. She identified herself with a teevee company out of Munich. And did I want to come and take part in a quiz show, because now they add Austrians to the mix. Normally, I would have asked how they got my number, and all. But as above, was just out of a deep sleep.

Did I know the show? No. I work evenings. It is like 'Who wants to be a Millionaire', except the candidates don't answer, you have to pick a prominent person on the jury to give the answer. (jury-rigged, alarm bell here...)

And would I like to be in the series beginning in June, and the wins, and big sums of money, and five THOUSAND Euros just to go to Munich, expenses paid, and THAT my Preciousess is the glitter that made me lose all comprehension.

('Me... in a quiz show, I could WIN something... oh.... I could win big and fly Annti here to visit.' Just flashed before my eyes, still with the sandman sand in them.... Or I would have told her to go where the pepper grows, but she painted pretty pictures in my head.)

And before I knew it, I was signed up. And then came the scam. I get three chits. To play, their so-called Klassenlotterie. If I win, it is mine. Fat chance. Those chits go into another lottery and that decides if you get to go on the show. Otherwise I have to pay for one month playing their lottery, and it costs about fifty dollars, so she just robbed me of what I didn't want to give. And you can believe me... no WAY I'm ever gonna get on a teevee show. Got robbed per call center.

I do not know if you have ever seen the brilliant film, 'They Shoot Horses, Don't They?' If you have, that is how I felt. If you haven't, rent it if available. But on a good day, not if you are depressed.

Just sayin' And sometimes.... just don't answer the phone.

Btw... the picture is of dishevilled Austrians (straw dummies) beneath a Coca Cola sign. I think it fits..... It is in front of a mom and pop store. The rest of the street is one Döner shop after the other, and I don't know how she survives.




0 Responses to "NEVER answer the phone out of a deep sleep...."