Racist?

This morning's crop of videos from Crooks and Liars seems to have a disproportionately high number of discussions regarding New Hampshirites being racist, and that being why the pollers were wrong, and why Obama didn't get the lead they predicted.

As a former New Hampshirite, I really found that offensive. Highly offensive, as a matter of fact. The people I know and knew there are not much different from anyone anywhere else, in my experience. Some of them have their predjudices, and some of them harbour sort of odd opinions, mostly because they never have any experience with people who have a different color skin than they do. So they do not know. And most of them are good people, I found.

But I really doubt that racism was a factor in the election outcome. I do think, as Atrios at Eschaton does, that the media caused a typical backlash among the voters, because of how they treat Hillary.

"I don't know if reaction to the media treatment of Clinton had anything to do with voter choices yesterday, but I certainly know people in real life who a) don't want Clinton to win and b) are tempted to vote for her every time they're exposed to the way she's treated by the deeply broken monsters in our mainstream media."

So they should just stop with the 'racist' shit. I'm fairly sure we've gotten beyond that idiocy, not perfectly, but not the way they are framing it, at least....

Update: the discourse got even worse in the past 48 hours. Cuomo coming up with that 'shuck and jive' remark. I'd never heard that term before, having been around so many 'racists', you know, but you would think that if I grew up with them, I would have heard it at least once somewhere.... So were they backwards and ill-informed, to boot? If you click on Pam Spaulding in the blogroll, she explains why it is so fully negative. I expected something like this toward the end of the election cycle, not now...

If I had a tin-foil hat, I would put it on, and come up with the idea that the corporate world WANTS Clinton to get the nomination, just so they can tear her apart and put in yet another Repuglican, and continue to rape the world. Stranger things have happened.... And now there is to be a recount, as the hand-counted ones show an advantage for Obama, and the Diebold ones are the exact opposite to Clinton's advantage. Something about that really smells fishy, as we used to say. Since both of them are being funded by big corporate interests, what the fuck is going ON here? It wouldn't bother me one way or the other if it didn't affect the rest of the world. But this is crass. Just sayin'.

0 Responses to "Racist?"