Oh.... (Jan 22-23--Blogger is striking on dates..)

Heath Ledger was found dead at the ripe old age of 28 today. In New York. Overdose, seemingly.... At the moment, I envy him...

I've only seen him in two films, so cannot judge how good an actor he was.

Yes, 'Brokeback Mountain'. And '10 Things I Hate About You', but he was a kid back then.

(Just for the record, I am so not a fan of'Brokeback'. I didn't NEED another depressing gay film, but he was good in it. The hype was nauseating.*)

What struck me over there was the panting, breathlessness of all the reporting, the callousness. What bothers me is the jackal-like glee in reporting details that turn out to be wrong, just because the NY press is smelling blood, and running with it, and he isn't fact-checking.

Found dead in the Olson Twins' appartment indeed, hey.

Why not tell the world he was having a three way with Barbie and Ken, all plastic, no parts?

I despise the Press. Shoddy little frat people.

Fact is, a young man with problems just up and died.

Shouldn't that be enough??

*Update. My take on the movie looks harher than in reality. It is a solid, well-made film.

Was over at America Blog today, and there was a thread on this. And all these people of a certain generation, were going ON, as if he were some sort of saint or something, and gave them so much in their lives with that one film. How superfluous. What the hell lives are they leading? And how the younger generation often 'didn't understand' their fascination with it. Well, I for one, didn't NEED to see the self-repression, fear, and hostility yet again on the so-called silver screen. I lived through it, experienced it, and got my
sorry ass out of there, and never looked back . Talk about projection much? Freud would have a field day. And if the young generation hasn't got all those problems, so much the better. And yes it was a film from a wonderful short story by a woman who is an artist. It moved me. But it didn't mean getting FIXATED on it. You move on, and you try to make things better by being an example---a good one.

And to my generation---well, we've been through much. Get over it. And do something positive to change it. Sometimes I think we have been crippled by all the people we lost. There is still a fight to win....

This stuff just leaves me speechless.

Just saying....

Update 2: Twenty four hours of feeding frenzy in the press, and the reprehensible John Gibson of Faux news makes FUN of his death. He was still being obducted, and this homophobic ASS decides to make fun of it. Must have been nice for Ledger's family. Even Joe (somewhat of an ass) Scarborough was speechless, well not so, but angry. I get speechless at the heartlessness of some Murkin's who would take that and make it into an 'agenda'. Impious, disgusting. A mess of people got on that show's case and went to their adverdisers, and am sure it wasn't just gay people.

So NOW, at 2 am.... they got a video up of Gibson doing an apology, haven't heard it yet, but am sure there is a disclaimer in it. If I believed in evolution, (right), I would say the guy is an instant throw-back to cave guy. Weirdest head in all television. And Mr. Clairol wants to make Fun of the Breck Guy? Gimme a BREAK, hey....

You could just barf for years. 'Wha' HAPPENED?'

0 Responses to "Oh.... (Jan 22-23--Blogger is striking on dates..)"