The Democratic Convention.... hmmmm...

We are very lucky here to get a sat channel that broadcasts the most important speeches with a very good simultaneous translator. Whereas the other channels take sound bytes out of context, they bring the entire speeches, and have a political expert from a university who knows his stuff, and analyses. So we have been watching the convention in Denver, oh yes...

Am I allowed to say I am 'underwhelmed'? Well, I am. Hillary's speech was, 'gotta do it or I can go home and learn how to run the washing machine, God forbid.' Too little, and waay too late.

From what I learned on the internets just now, it doesn't get better. And I was very surprised that the blogger 'Billmon' came out of retirement, and .wrote THIS

uh uh.... Nope. Sappy. No.

I would wish that people get elected for what they can DO, not what color their skin is, or what gender they are.

Ted Kennedy? Peter pipes up with, 'I heard these promises twenty years ago, and did they DO it?'

Bingo.

Dennis Kucinich? Now there would have been a really frightening candidate, although his message is good.

But with his boxing stances, and hyperness, ....

I thought, hey, the guy is on crystal meth....

And all this SHIT about 'I'm a good mother'. And fucking family values. Give me a fucking break, hey.

They tell you what you want to hear.....

0 Responses to "The Democratic Convention.... hmmmm..."