Gawd, one should REALLY leave well enough alone, you know?

After seeing that stunning performance this pm, I should have left it be. I haven't walked that far in three weeks, and my ankle was hurting.

But NO, there were better things promised for tonight. So after the thunderstorm I limped down to the main square, and arrived too late for a good place to photograph. Whereupon I climbed up on the monument, which is easy if you have a good leg. And the view was dismal. It was still raining lightly in town, so I had to protect my camera under my shirt. Other people got seating tickets and blue plastic hoodies with capes to protect them, but they ordered them in adavance, you know?

So I was grouched out, and irritable.

It was a fucking comic strip. That was how they played it. A comic strip. (Not to get me wrong, I like comics, but I really wasn't in the mood....)

And it started raining a little harder. And every time I tried to take a photo, the girl on the step below me moved, and all I got was her badly cut hair, and after the third try, and it raining down there a little harder, I thought, 'Well fuck this'. And went home and got a hamburger to eat from the all-night stand out on the square to take out on the way....

(I was hungry... for a change....)

This is not to say that the troupe wasn't good. They were very good. But it was a bit too comic strip, and I watched twenty of the sixty minute program before I threw in the towel.

So nope.... not happy, but on the other hand, if you aren't up to par, comic strips do not take care of things. Really.

But the spanish group was wonderful.

Thursday there is another one from Spain on the Main Square. 'Les Noces de la Trottoir'. Also without words, and tells stories via Tango. That one I will take Peter to...

Pictures from all to follow tomorrow.

Too bad it wasn't what I thought it would be tonight. But what a performance this afternoon! That was brilliant.....

Tja, I guess we can't all be brilliant, n'est-ce-pas?

Am turning in, hard day, and my foot is demanding it.... the bastard....

1 comments:

Terrible says
8 August 2008 at 18:33

Looking forward to the tango show pictures!