Oh, NH made the news again... Normally it is just the primaries...

ALL the foreign news stations carried the story. Ice storms in New Hampshire.

Power outages. Creepy video clips....

Then I got a mail from my favorite people. 2+1/2 days without electricity.

The images were powerful, as only the MSM can do. But I got worried.... No elecricity, no heat, etc....

My Dad hadn't mailed me for several days, so I thought... oh. Ice storms. uh-huh.....

So I called him, and it worked. He wasn't hit by it.... At ninety two he is just glad that he doesn't have to drive, and seemingly, his other neighbors look after him.

My brother wasn't so lucky.

Sometimes there is justice in the world.

I related it to a friend, and she said, 'That sounds like Schadenfreude in your voice.' And indeed, it was. What goes around, comes around....

We spoke for a long time about his parents, my paternal grandparents, and that was very intetresting... in relation to the Great Depression, which he lived through, and I knew things about them that they never told him.

My grandfather was very passionate about politics. My grandmother was quiet, but she didn't take any shit.

Seemingly, she just went out and Did things. She took my father and his sister out on a strike march in Massachusetts with her son and daughter, and the fucking horse-ridden police tried to trample them down.

Like Dickens, I learned to be very upset about injustice, and I never heard that story till I was seventeen years old. And learned to see them in a wholly different light.

A friend of mine was doing research of people who worked in the mills, and my Grandma said, ok, and I so wish he had kept that tape. My friend was doing it for a high-flown professor, and
she used nothing of it in her book. But he told me it was one of the very best interviews he did for that one, and regrets not to have a copy for me to remember....

It was a Mill town I grew up in. Bricks, and dirt, and coal dust from the trains across the street.

A dying town since the Deprssion. And a despairing town....

And I believed I could lift myself up from that. The American Dream, that someone thought up as a fairy tale.

But it was racist. And homophobic. And politicians were just rolling the dice to see who gets what....

So I left.

And you know what? I am so glad that I did. Things here are horrible, but we can thank you all for making it so...

Fucking greed.

Is like spitting in the face of my grandparents, and what they tried to acheive...

Inclusive?

Who the fuck HELL are you jerking around here?????

I no longer believe a single word....

0 Responses to "Oh, NH made the news again... Normally it is just the primaries..."