This is for my favorite people in NH



Atrios at Eschaton thinks this is the best video EVER made, you guys. It brought back some memories of sitting with you in the Raimund Theater, in Vienna, watching the Polanski version of the 'Fearless Vampire Killers' as musical, and the song was a centerpiece of it. It IS a good video, and all. But seeing it in that setting was over the top. And seeing Steve Barton from Long Island had me in paroxysms of envy, in the main role of the head vampire. His diction was so perfect I cringed about my own. The Vienna production was perfect. New York was a disaster of enormous proportions. Because Steve Barton was supposed to re-create the role on Broadway, and died of a heart attack in a recording studio in Germany shortly before rehearsals were to begin. And then Michael Crawford ruined it, and it went belly-up in one week. Or so.

So, D and L... the video was interesting for its' time... but we all three know it got better.

And this is my early St. Nick's present for you. It made me remember. Hope you like it.

0 Responses to "This is for my favorite people in NH"