Achtung! Holidays Ahead, black ice!

And my venerable father, who is of a biblical age and normally of a sanguine nature, suddenly got 'testy'. Now, that could be due to the many days of snow that has kept him indoors for days of late. And it might be because of the extendedly long circus of politicians in clown cars trampling all over his state, as the first primary election will take place there next month. Hell, it could be the full moon tomorrow, or a combination of any or all of them.

But yesterday, he said he wished just one thing. 'That the politicians running all over the place shoveling their bull-shit, would do something useful for a change, like shovel some people's snow'. And then he double-dog dared me to 'blog THAT.'

So there ya go, Dad. It's out there now.... Merry Christmas. (gg)

4 Responses to "Achtung! Holidays Ahead, black ice!"

Anonymous

Uncle Raffles is "Biblical age?"
He does more then people half His age!

Anonymous

Sorry forgot my name, Don

Anonymous

figured out how to comment without having to register.
Don

RenB says
25 December 2007 at 02:31

Welcome Don. I didn't put any restrictions on comments, as I rarely get any. I get }}}}lurkers(((

Just changed my template and am so far much happier with it. That was my Christmas gift to myself today. Klemens (my colleague) gave me some nifty tips. But it wasn't easy. I thought I was going to be up till 4 am looking for my lost widgets, but they came back. How mysterious.

Like my new digs? I went from a tree house to an efficiency appartment.

'Biblical'. My grandfather forbid us to read the bible, because he said it wasn't for children. And locked the family bible. Only sometimes he forgot. He used to call the Old Testament 'That book of HORRORS.' (He read it front to back when he retired, btw.)

So OF COURSE I snuck in and read it as often as I could find it open. And you know, at the beginning, some of those dudes lived six hundred, nine hundred years. (They must have had some wild calendar, I think....) I learned more about THAT book than most people, believe me....

Well nowadays, if someone is pushing the big one-zero-zero, is lucid and vital, and active, that's a 'Biblical age'. Because no one goes beyond that except an actor operetta singer by the name of Johannes Heesters from the Netherlands. He's one hundred and TWO, and still on stage nearly every day. So, odd you should have mentioned our cousin this evening. Must be the full moon.

Tomorrow, you get mail....