Why am I NOT surprised.....


Now that the awful 'festivites' are over, I thought I might be able to get something done today. Like call the two social service places and see if I can get him out of that fucking wreck of an appartment. Found him crying and depressed, listening to a toy radio the neighbors kids lent him. It is in the form of an elephant. Pink. Gawww.

Yup, the horridays are definitely over, dismal as they were.

I do not understand why he would think everyone would just jump into manic work mode and find him an appartment. We still have a bumpy time ahead of us, 'holiday-wise', and NO ONE in this country works before the second week in January. At least not the ones with the cushy government jobs.

So I was rightly sceptical. That he should be up about it surprised me. He grew up here after all, but some days his mind seems to be in another country. That is one of the things I always liked about him. Optimistic, sure of himself. Romantically egoistic. Whatever. I took the cell phone over to his place, and he called. Substitutes. Everywhere. Couldn't find his file, didn't want to be 'bothered'. Typical.

If they ran a business they way they 'run' this country, they would either get fired in no time flat, or we'd be bankrupt.

So nothing to do but wait some more. Tja....

0 Responses to "Why am I NOT surprised....."