JUST when I thought I'd spotted the door

leading to the parallel universe where time is different and you don't age so quickly.....it moved out of sight, the clocks rang midnight, and I crossed the threshhold into the realm of....

}}}}}Oldiehood{{{{{{

(Tm. I get twenty-five cents every time you use it, and bank details available on request.)

Eeewwww....
Fifty-eight, hey. Why that is more than half a century... (/disingenuousness) It hasn't been quite fifty minutes, yet, but fully expect corporeal disintegration to begin and continue over the next twenty-three hours, for sure. (/snark)

Seriously, the only birthday that ever bothered me was turning thirty. Since then? Just another day... Someone today seriously thought I was about to turn fifty-one, so I guess I'm holding up ok on the outside, at least. (gg) I got up to some mischief the past couple of days. If it works as I plan, I might give three people a little moment of happiness. That would be the best present I could give myself. If it works. Will find out in a week or so....

So will soon turn in, and then make myself some chicken and a salad, go to work, and the entrance into the new world will have been accomplished. Or I turn into a pile of sawdust this time tomorrow. Who knows, hey? That is how life is, after all. Full of surprises, although most of them tend to be of the not-so-nice-didn't-see-it-coming variety. So what can you do, you know?

Have a few things planned for the coming week here, so stay tuned. Between work and having to see doctors, (which is what we Oldies do, you know, just to read the old magazines for free in the waiting room, and test our memories to see if we remember what happened eight weeks ago), haven't had much time. And please do click on the Trex link in the blogroll. He is the KING of snark, and the only 40 foot therapod I would EVER approach. (Don't I wish....)

3 Responses to "JUST when I thought I'd spotted the door"

Unknown says
3 December 2007 at 16:34
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RenB says
3 December 2007 at 19:55

Dear Klemens,

Thank you for your birthday wishes. But we do NOT give out real names on the internets, ok? I do not know how to scrub it.

And just for the record: I did not teach you fucking shit about dealing with people.

It was within you all the time. You either have it or you do not. You have it. If I set a good example, fine. But it is within YOU, how you can approach people from all over the world openly, honestly, and without predjudice.

That leaves you very open to being hurt, believe me. But it can also lead to so much that is wonderful, it can repay you a thousand-fold.

You can thank me for giving you a nudge to go in the right direction. Accepted. But in the end, it is always how you deal with whatever comes up. I sincerely hope, if you get through your final exams, that you never lose that.

Ladies and gentlemen---an extraordinary person who is soon to become a medical doctor. Go click on his link.

And again, thank you.

RenB says
4 December 2007 at 08:09

That should have read:

Klemens said...

Dear Mr. RenB!
Happy Birthday to you! I wish you all the best!

Ladies and Gentlemen - the man who thaught me how to deal with all the guests from different nations coming to visit Graz :-)
03 December 2007 15:34

See? Fixed it. Thanks for the tip.