Semantics....

For a few weeks now, have been really irritated by some buzz phrases....

'At the end of the day...' for instance. And I swear I can't tell you why it bothers me so much, I really can not. But it grates on my nerves.

The first time I heard it was Governor Mark Sanford's mea culpa speech after disappearing to Argentina. 'At the end of the day'... blah blah blah...

And it set off a viral rash of every idjit politician parroting, 'at the end of the day...'

WHA???? A week later, I hear on local television, 'Am Ende des Tages...' And I thought, what the hell IS this?

It was German for 'at the end of the day....'

I have been giving points to politicians who say, 'the bottom line is...' or 'the end result is..' Don't ask me why.

It sounds idiotic... at the end of the day, meaning you do something fully fucked up, correct it, and then it's all right.

I know some people will get their boxer shorts in a twist, ask, 'what is his problem?' But words have meaning.

And I am being picky, I know. It just bothers me.

There are a few other things that I will get to maybe, later. Women for example. For me they are ladies, but am approaching old age. A lady can smoke, cuss, do what she wants, but she will always be a lady. But that is a generational thing, and was always meant as a respectful term on my part.

Yup, words are sorta weird, sometimes....

0 Responses to "Semantics...."