I just adopted a baby.... dragon

and sometimes I think I'm losing it...

Yeah, I read all the news I wanted to read, and went back to my game. Doing it on-line is always 'eventful'. I got 'invited' to take part in a 'chaos battle'. And thought, 'ho-kay, why not?' Only I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing in it... And all these on-line people were teleporting into the screen and running every which way, and I didn't know what the hell it was about.

And it was in a quadrant I hadn't been in before, so, it was unfamiliar territory. Turns out everyone was to rescue a princess, and free her of a spell, shades of 'Snow White', or something.

I didn't see the sense in running about so I checked the map and found I had something to do in town. So I went there to talk to an archeologist. And he said I had a dragon egg in my inventory, and hatched it to be my companion.

It looked like a salamander.

So later, there was the 'cutest' little dragon-ling on my shoulder flying after me wherever I went if I am outside of town on a quest. Of course I had to name him 'Norbert'. If you've seen the first Harry Potter film, you'll get it. The gameskeeper Hagrid is crazy for mean animals, hatches a dragon egg, and names him that.

I'm sure he won't stay that way, and he only likes me 50%, according to the stats, so I have to take good care of him.

So I took the little guy out hunting werewolves for a hunter. Gives me good points and helps me level up.

It was when I started talking to the screen while fighting and telling him to get up out of the way 'while daddy works' that I thought, 'This is not rational, and this is not healthy.' So am taking a break.

There is a narrative involved, and you can get into the story. I think they stole everything from every adventure/romance novel ever written. Graphics are very good, and there is much to keep you busy, if only out of wanting to make the next level, and see what develops next.

There are at least two live special events a day, and you can interact with other players, if you so wish.

Sometimes things happen that are startling and new, so it never gets monotonous.

So now I've outed myself.... I have a very odd sense of 'fun'. It sure beats brooding. Am curious to see how Norbert develops. He'll probably kill me in the long run....

If you have time, you could probably try it out. I think there is an english version of it, but you need a flat-rate. It's called 'Last Chaos'. And is definitely weird. But don't berate me or I'll sic Norbert on ya.


0 Responses to "I just adopted a baby.... dragon"