Nightmares can be so weird....

Had one toward waking-up that left me so frustrated, it stuck. I shouldn't have watched a 9 1/2 hour version of Bleak House yesterday before going to bed. In it, I was trying to kill Peter, who was all right with that... (!!??) With a gun, and he was laughing at me because I was asking which way to put the bullets in it. (As if they were batteries, or something...)

We were out in the garden, one unrecognisable to me. At first. And because I botched it, was looking for more bullets. When in marched an entire horde of senior citizens, drunk as skunks, because 'what they did' was trespass on people's private property and basically drive people crazy.

So I'm hollering and berating them, and detesting them because their northern German was so aggravating, trying to shoo them out of the house, and getting violent, and trying to find where Peter had gotten to so that I could finish him off and not have him suffer any more.

And as hard as I was trying to hit them and scream at them, my voice wasn't working right, and any hits aimed were just deflected. Felt so impotent against them and the Germans were getting bored, talking about moving on to the school down the street so they could denigrate and rip up the children's art on the walls.

And then I woke up, disoriented because it felt so real.

Says a lot about my state of mind these days, I guess. I could figure out where a lot of the elements came from, but didn't like what I rhymed out of it. Seems I have a lot of surpressed anger these days.... as well as feeling helpless. The Dickens dose must have done the rest. So many characters in that film die, it's always disconcerting to watch.

First news I saw this morning was that someone stole a million dollars from the Mark Twain House. They quoted his view on committing crime, which was amusing... you can read it here.

2 Responses to "Nightmares can be so weird...."

Video Zeum says
7 August 2011 at 15:38

Hello! You have an interesting website. It is nice to visit here.

RenB says
7 August 2011 at 17:30

Well thank you. I try to keep things varied. What corner of the world do you live in?