I'm not gonna say it.....

Please read this 'wunnerful' CBS piece here. The last line just slayed me. It's not clear whether traders in the financial district in NYC will show up for work tomorrow, Monday.

Now I think THAT would be a blessing for the entire country. I find that... hmmm... mind boggling. And am astounded at what passes for 'journamlism' nowadays.

I could barely contain myself watching the Friday nite evening news shows, it was cringe making. Anything to hype things up and scare people half to death. That people were evacuated from low sea-level places was a precaution that made sense, but I thought I was watching a Roland Emmerich mega-production.

I refrained from seeing Saturday's blathering this morning, it was just too much of a bad thing. One thought though... WHY do the networks send people out into such inclement weather and in places that have been evacuated, and then the anchor, all comfy at his desk and dry says 'Well, it doesn't look too good. Go indoors and stay safe.' Reallah.....? They do it every single time... so where, please is the sense in sending one's colleagues out into that, do they think they are being 'brave'??? We all KNOW what it looks like. But I guess they draw straws and the shortest one is given to the person no one likes in the company. Or something like that...

I SWEAR that Werner's spirit was in my room last night, 'whispering' 'What are you watching that for? Don't you get it? It's just 'Show Business'. I'd have to say he was right.... this time.

We had empathy weather where I am. Or so I thought of it a bit later. One of our summer thunderstorms, which was a relief, because it had been over 36 degrees C for the last ten days or so, and my apt was baking like a crock pot. It was only twenty minutes, and there was a heavy downpour, and some hail, nothing unusual. Then it went quiet. And about twenty minutes later, the temperature had dropped dramatically, and the wind began howling. Really strong. Loose stuff was being banged about in the courtyard, it was sort of eerie. It lasted over an hour. No more rain, just really strong wind. Later I went out on the square, and there were a lot of tree branches on the side walk, so am glad I didn't go out to 'investigate'. So yeah, empathy weather. Today it's a bit cooler, but warming up again. Sort of unstable.

I don''t think anyone got hurt. Hope not.

But am still shaking my head over the reporting there.
Link

0 Responses to "I'm not gonna say it....."