I KNEW I shouldn't have watched the news from

the 24th. I mean, really, it only showed up the weaknesses of the 24 hour news cycle. Bad weather.... oooo.... traffic jams, au WEH!... ginning up fears of a suicide bomber who might try to blow his 'junk' up, and oh YES, that one was a HIT on the news, don'tcha know. And you can't take a thermos on board any more because they are such good carriers to hide a bomb in.

Now, I wouldn't mind, or even have the idea to take a thermos of corfee or tea, or juice on a plane... because, you see.... they used to serve all that as a matter of course for FREE, it was part of the already exhorbitant air fare. So not really 'free'. All you had to mind was your carry-on bag, place it above you, and hope that it wouldn't be full of screaming, disgruntled babies, and you could sleep. As well as the cramped confines would allow. We're talking about ten to twelve hour flights, here, and one needed that in order not to land and look like a friggin' OWL....

And one intro had a very disgruntled lady at the ticket counter wearing a Santa hat. She looked miserable. And yeah, they started to do it here.... go to a grocery store, everyone runs around in Santa hats. It's never wanted to make me BUY more. Especially the disgruntled faces. No cheer.

Ouch. I knew I wanted to sleep some more, but took a break. I shouldn't have. That wasn't news, it was masturbation.... hoping for something to go nuts over.

I should have known...

0 Responses to "I KNEW I shouldn't have watched the news from"