Ok, we begin another month....

And the graphic is extra for Annti. (And Darlin'?
I read it is at the entrance of the Lincoln Tunnel in New Yawk... you are not alone.)

It's been snowing. Oh, I know... I ventured out of my cocoon to buy some groceries and enough cigarettes to smoke a ham if there were hickory in it, and stayed in. Even that little 'adventure' was irritating in the extreme. I took out the garbage, and there was this couple under the gallery at the entrance to the square, and the woman was going ON in this extremely irritating voice on her cell phone, which I just ignored.

Coming back, and within two feet of her, she turns to her (supposed husband, or what ever he was), 'I TOLD you, he's an Austrian. He isn't a Tschusch.'

It's a good thing I had just gotten up, and wasn't really 'there'. That word is BAD. And refers to Slavic people, specifically from former Yugoslavia. It's as insulting as 'faggot', the 'n' word, 'kike', 'mick' 'spic', and all the other words people use to denigrate someone's race or orientation.

Normally, I would have ripped into her. But I thought, 'it's snowing, I'm uncomfortable, she can take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut, and it's not gonna change a bloody thing.'

(My blood pressure must have been low...)

I HAVE been known to really fly off the charts. As in a stint I did waiting tables in Salzburg, and would be über-polite, seat the ladies, light candles, and ask if the guests wanted just the wine list or the menu as well. And they would ask, 'Are you a Jugoslaaaawe?' Dripping contempt. (I had nearly black hair.) And I would say no, but one evening the woman in question was so bad, I lost it.

And I started quietly.... 'No, I'm Black, and from Afrika, grew up in the Black forest, AND THE AUSTRIAN SUN IS SO HOT, IT BLEACHED MY SKIN WHITE!' And stormed off into the kitchen, grabbed my boss, and said 'YOU are going to wait that table, because I will NOT go back there.' (And no, I have no idea where that came from... it just popped out.)

So that woman this morning... she didn't spark my cylinders, so to speak. They wear their hate on a badge, and feel safe doing it. And I am TIRED of ignorant people. With 20/20 hindsight, I should have said, 'No, I'm not... BUT I'M NOT DEAF, EITHER.'

So... another month with the most horridays ever. Snowing, which makes me ask myself WHY I never went to a place and settle where I would never see snow again.

Tja... I wanna go visit Peter before he thinks up something new to drive me crazy with. Tomorrow is my birfday.

And apropos Peter.... he's becoming a pod person. I have NO other explanation for it. They had an Advent celebration, or pre-Christmas. And children from the local schools were in the home, and sang traditional Christmas songs, and passed out 'goodies'. And he got all teary on the phone, telling me about it, and choked up.

And I was thinking, 'oh-wait-oh-wait-oh-WAIT... Peter? choking up over a kids' choir? THE Peter who was the most Scrooge ever when it came to children? Have I become ill? What was in the oregano, am having a hallucination.'

(Just so's you know, it was always sham and I knew it.... he liked to play that role and push my buttons.)

He was very sad, is all.

Oh... and he was very sorry to hear that Leslie Nielsen passed on. He and M could go ON about his films, and laugh and laugh...

So I guess we got things to talk about tomorrow.

'Da Ven told me I was born in a big snowstorm. I hope it doesn't repeat itself. I just wanna get to visit Peter, and that's a nice enough present.

0 Responses to "Ok, we begin another month...."