I KNOW some people think I'm nuts

Because I enjoy watching Desperate Housewives.

Sue me, already, I enjoy that series.

With my new abo (subscription) to a web-site, I can watch till my EYES turn rectangular, and got caught up on seasons Six and now Seven, up to last Sunday, and they aren't coming back till early January.... which sucks. Season Six was excellent... three baddies, and hard to figure who was doing what why, right up to the end.

Season seven started off a bit lame. Except that the EVIL Paul from season one moved back after being falsely in prison, but he's taking revenge on the street in a
big way. Yesterday, as always half-way through the series... something cataclysmic happened. A riot on 'da Lane'... And EVIL Paul gets shot at the end.... 'who dun it?' He may have been incarcerated on false charges but is a murderer from first season, (for real) TWICE, and is a vindictive son of a bitch.

So now I'm all caught up on my idiotic shows, thanks to 'soapaliens'. But with Desperates... well, there is always food for thought about social issues, and that's what I like about it.

Was going ON with 'da Ven' the other day.... about how always the same actors and actresses get shunted around from one Soap to the other... did they have such a small pool of them in NY???

He couldn't tell me why... but he did know that one actress is married to someone who plays the ''Green Arrow' on Smallville. (Gawwd, he probably cheats reading fan mags, I try to get my points honestly... smile)

So, it was Sunday, and tried the last few episodes. I'd only seen the first couple from the first season, and was put off at the time. There are a lot of interesting political undertones now, ones I think are good. But NO one is EVAH gonna top the 'Lois and Clark' series. As a kid, Superman was my favorite, but that series was really fun to watch, brought out the kid in me. I got a kick out of Terri Hatcher doing a cameo on the second-last one as Lois Lane's deceased mother on video tape.

And I checked out 'Castle', third season. So far. Sort of charming, with good twists in plot.

And 'Bones'. Which I kinda like. I can't get the previous episodes, but now know enough to say it's good.

And then there was 'Haven', which probably got discontinued, much to the Ven's dismay, I assume, he loves Steven King. It's based on a Steven King novella, got stopped, at the high point of the series.... it was just getting interesting.

I LURVS me some 'Glee'. And they are on break till February.

The Vampire Diaries.... are sort of odd... but not so interesting as Anne Rice's novels, would rather read them.

Modern Family bores the tits off me.... pablum for everyone.

Then again, I've always thought 'Seinfeld' was a fraud....

Sooo... for my €19.99 am way over what I paid for, and got caught up a bit.

Good deal. If you sit on your ass depressive all day, and take in one epi after an other....

Studs Terkel (an oral historian), interviewed a daughter of a major studio in Hollywood, and she said, 'The American dream was a myth. And they bought it.' Paraphrasing.

She was right.

0 Responses to "I KNOW some people think I'm nuts"