Gawwd, what is it with young people nowadays?

I was trying, 'trying very discreetly' to get out of my house last night, and my new neighbors were in the green strip between our two buildings. They promptly jumped up and went and got them for me. They are twenty-somethings. And did I mention pretty? Oh, very. Both of them.

They were actually interested in my sitting there and getting to know them. Well, what would they want to know from the old disheveled fart from across the entryway, hey?

Whatever, it was very nice. And the young lady's mom and my biological nemesis of a mother seem to have had a lot in common. Maybe she was the 'twin', I do not know. We found we had a lot in common that people generally do not approve of. And I tried to impart some good advice, being a 'gruftie' (near the grave person) and all. And I got kissed good night, from the prettiest young lady I have seen in years. It almost made the pain in my ankle go away.

Two of their friends came and went while we were out there. Also very young. They made me smile muchly....

And feel very old, nothing from their side, from mine.

When I think of what a HUGE divide there was between generations in the 60's, this puzzles me. But is nice enough.

And no, will not impose myself on them. It was just coincidence. But it was a nice one...

And there is enough aggressive attitude toward Oldies here, which makes me just wonder, ok?

Tja....

2 Responses to "Gawwd, what is it with young people nowadays?"

Anonymous

nice to get mentioned, it was a nice evening for us as well, even though i didn't felt that well

regards

peter

RenB says
24 July 2008 at 00:05

Oh. Oh my.... Oh MY!

Why didn't you just SAY something?

I never thought that you would actually take a look at my piece of insignificance.... It is sort of 'depri' at the moment, but this year has been hard so far, and I would like nothing more than to cancel it.

It is sort of like sending messages into the void, into outer space, and you do not expect a response, you know?

And yes, it was a lovely evening, and it was very nice just to 'talk' to people again, believe me.

And no, will not be meddling, nor a lästiger Nachbar. People do what they do.... That's all there is.

Your kindness... all of you... was unexpected and very comforting. Sort of gives me hope for the future, and look forward again.

Youth and beauty sort of has that effect on me, but am stupid... It makes me hope for good things.

Just get out there and do what you do, ok? I am sure it will be good... And oh yes, I wanna hear some music sometime....

Ren