Oh.,... BARRY is in Berlin. Okayyyy...

Trying to be JFK? Oh no... No. Those were other times, they were.... The latter gave hope and optimism. Barry? I haven't the slightest idea what he is going to impart. But am certain it will be a big help after all the damage Dumbya and co have done. Despite the fact that I am still incensed that he fucking voted to grant the telecoms retroactive immunity. I could just SPIT, as my Mom used to say...

He is gonna speak in front of the victory column in Berlin. I have been there. It is huge, and five avenues spread out from it. I got dragged up to the top of it in the early Seventies. I have an abnormal fear of heights, and when you come out the door on top, there is a railing, and everything, but the place to stand on is very narrow, and slopes down. And I remember slamming myself against the wall next to the door, and saying, 'Oh.... ohhhh...' And my host was going ON about the view, and I was being polite, you know? 'Oh yes, yes, wonderful..... NOW PLEASE, Please take me back DOWN. Please.' It was one of the most frightening experiences of my life.

But Barry will be ok, because he will be at the base of it, and not have to go UP there. They had wanted him to speak in front of Brandenburg Gate, which is a stone's throw away, but chancellor Angela Merkel nixed it, because only residing preidents speak there. Big deal. Petty.... Stoopid... Who the fuck cares, hey.... They expect as many as one million people there this evening.... A nightmare for security, that is for sure....

Obama and Merkel met this morning. From the body language, she was being 'friendly', several touches on the arm. He was reserved, if smiling. What a difference from Dumbya mauling her when she was unaware, from behind and so on. I'm surprised she didn't have a heart attack when that happened, really....

The media in Germany is being 'hinterlistig', sneaky snarky. They brought a lot of 'man on the street' interviews this morning, mostly racist in undertone, and complaining about the security measures interrupting their daily lives. Uh-huh. Well. Security may be on high alert, and all, but they didn't demand that all the sewer covers on all the routes taken be sealed shut, so that no assassin jumps out of one like in 'The Third Man'. Or give people on the routes more or less a house arrest, as was the case everytime that ASSHOLE 'visited' us. Leaving the hosting country to pay the costs, and all.... So what is wrong with THIS picture, huh? Gawd, it is so OBVIOUS, I could puke, but I gave that up for the time being.... Slanted 'journalism'? Oh, believe it, hey.

The second big story is the 'capture' of Karadzic. Right. Serbia wants to join the EU, and the government who wants to get in give him up. They always knew where he was.... They'll probably give up Mladic soon as well. Expediency, my Preciousses. Just expediency. So how long is it gonna take to get the US into a postition to turn over Bush and Cheney for war crimes, I wonder? Because what THEY have done FAR exceeds what the Serbs did. It will take years, or never.... But one can dream....

Will try to live-blog Barry's speech this evening. Am just tired, and my foot hurts.

0 Responses to "Oh.,... BARRY is in Berlin. Okayyyy..."