Oooo, Sweeney Todd is coming out on dvd next week...

I pre-ordered it per Amazon, of course. I couldn't take Peter to see that back then, it was too long, and he has this bladder thing since his stroke. At home, I can pause the dvd till he gets his stuff done, you know? No, not amusing. But we both love the music and the story, even if it is weird.

So this morning, Preciousses, I was feeling like Gollum after he spent one thousand years in a cave in Middle Earth, eating fishessss ... oh yes. (sorry, some almost relatives of mine have been in New Zealand the past weeks, and it was on my mind.... Middle Earth.)

Whatever, I says, 'why don't you stop this self pitying shit and get yourself together for a change?' It was my other Gollum talking.... And I said, 'Ok, my sprain is still hurting, but can get over there...' And the Gollum said, 'Fuck the sprain, you will be tap-dancing in two weeks, Precious...' Right...

So I went to my barber. First he cut my hair. Then he gave me a beard that doesn't make me look like a beggar on the main square. My face just doesn't grow thick hair all over the place. So we had to comprimise. I asked him what to do about it, and what did he say?

'Cut it all off??'

Well that is pretty much a disaster, after just letting it grow in this heat, hey.... It is itchy, scratchy...

We comprimised.

And then came the Sweeney Todd part. I have never been shaved by a barbar. He had me tilted in his chair and whistled around lathering up some cream that smelled like lavender. I was thinking about Sweeney Todd, and it was sort of creepy. Letting someone go at you with a straight razor, and all. But he was so good, it turned out ok, obviously. He was so gentle, I hardly felt it....

It jsut gave a new dimension to what I am going to see soon....

And when he finally finished with me, he said, 'hey, you look much younger', but he doesnt like the beard. He did wonders, and I don't care. I do not want to look like Caspar Milquetoast any more....

And oh yes, there is a LOT I have to say about other things, but am gathering up my immense anger, and will discharge it accordingly.

I got so fucked over, am just beginning to find my feet again, and then I sprain one....

Typical...

0 Responses to "Oooo, Sweeney Todd is coming out on dvd next week..."