HOW do you go about saying 'Enough!' and cancel this vermaleite Year??

Let's see... I get up, and the assholes in Washington gave the telecoms retroactive immunity, so there ARE people who break the law with impunity, and get away with it. Even though the fight not to let that happen was gigantic, and kudos to everyone who fought it.

More boats with refugees from Africa trying to reach Europe, and children dying on them of heat prostration, so they just tossed the corpses overboard, fish food. Heart-breaking.

Two evenings ago I slipped on one of my throw rugs and twisted my ankle so badly.... pain, much pain. I can't even get out of the house. At least I can get from the WC to the bed and back today. Yesterday was a sea of red. Pain. And am not the sort of person who gibbers about easily, but that fucking hurt. I could hardly put any weight on my left foot yesterday, nor find a position in bed where it didn't hurt so bad, I would have liked to have taken an axe and cut it off.

This morning, it took me ten minutes to get a shoe on. And then I went to the bank, the tobacconist, and the grocery store, because I didn't have anything left in the house. It was an odyssey, but I didn't whimper or complain. That was a big bit of progress, but the stairs... Oh gawwd, came home drenched.

After everything else this year, I really want to cancel and get ON with things, you know?

My neighbor W. called me this noon, and asked after how I'm doing. Said he would check with me later today, if I should need anything. Which is ok....

At least I now know he knows what the word neighbor means. And he yelled at me for not seeing a doctor. Only one question to that: 'HOW?' I mean, I've sprained my ankle a few times in my salad days, roller-skating or just being a klutz, but this time. Oh, man!

So you go the invalid route and see the rest of the world going to pot. Let's just cancel this year, ok? And get on with the rest....

Just sayin'.

Preposterous, I know...

0 Responses to "HOW do you go about saying 'Enough!' and cancel this vermaleite Year??"