Good news, bad news... whatcha gonna do?



I got such a kick out of this graffito. Original title in the ballooon... 'I know what you did last summer...' I found it fun, but I'd call it 'I know what you were doing last month, while I was freezing my arse off, and Lazarus could take up to an hour to load a page let alone allow me to post much of anything....' Oh yes, give me a Uzi!!!!! Please please pretty please! Or a tire iron to threaten the people at the Computer Klinik, or a wood-chipper, anything to make it stop!!!!

But we needn't get into that any more, thank goodness.

So, the good news. Our heating system finally got changed, and was converted from gas to oil. Which means my bill goes from €92,00 per month to €30.00 Now THAT is very good news indeed. And Fuck Putin and the UKIES.....

The bad news? The infant died in the clinic. Only six weeks old, hey. Poor baby. After a month in intensive care. An organ short circuited and they couldn't fix it. So I got offered a new notebook. For €400.00. A Fujitsu. Without a Betriebssystem. So I was supposed to install Windows 98 on it, or whaaa? And did I want Windows XP Pro on it, or Vista, it would cost €100.00 more. Uh. HUH. After they massacred my infant, and can probably harvest it for organ parts? I suddenly recalled my roots, and got my granite face on, and my dangerous eyeball look that says, 'Wha, you tryin' to fuck me over, here, Or What???? ' (I rarely have occasion to do that, but haven't forgotten how.) Whereupon he offered to install Windows XP for me free of charge. It hurt muchly in the financial pocket, but it was pretty stupid of me to place the infant near a top-heavy lamp in the first place. So much for that....

So I got an adopted child.... new, and all. He is space-challenged, only 35 gigas free as opposed to my infant who had 120 and should have been in the Mensa category. And he is a foreigner, but that doesn't matter to me, actually. He just needs coddling, is all.

He crawls so fast through the internets, it takes my breath away, and can hardly keep up....

And being a ferner, he has an odd keyboard, that I have to get used to yet again.

It is a good thing to know a couple of languages.... just sayin'

So.... Good news, bad news... yin and yang.... what the hell... life.

And oh yes.... my neighbor W. He is going to go ape-shit on me when he finds out. He went into foreign legionnaire rage when I told him about the clinic. And demanded I take the infant home and he would resucitate him. Uh-huh. PC's in a coma are like people.... they do not usually wake up again. And die in fits of cramps. Unlike Lazarus. He'll be offended, and offensive, am sure.... But he has a sort of protective attitude toward me. Although I am everything he says he doesn't like...

Am not sure if that is good or bad news.....

It's a conundrum....

So let's see.... the infant died in the year of the rat, a very bad sign. My adoption is born in the year of the ox, which is my sign, and should bring good things.

I guess it is all in how you perceive it...

0 Responses to "Good news, bad news... whatcha gonna do?"