On Housekeeping....

Quenten Crisp promised me, absolutely PROMISED me that if you don't dust....

'After three months, it doesn't get any worse.'

He wrote 'The Naked Civil Servant', Sting's song 'An Englishman in New York' is about him.

But he was wrong, wrong, wrong....

It is NOT fun to drown in your own depresseion.

No, not at all....

So how bad was it, I hear you ask.

It was so bad... I cooked a chicken soup in January, 2008. And didn't finish it, and it went sour, and I just left it there. I normally do not cook at home. I was afraid to lift the lid and see what cooties were coming out of it.

So I put it off, and put it off, and today, I thought, 'Ok, time to get this bacterial killer out of the house.' And I dared to remove the cover.

I did not throw up. After the fact I had retching problems. The smell was abonimable. And you know what? Everything had liqufied. I have never felt so grossed out in my LIFE, hey.

I threw it into a fifty liter bag, and threw it out.

Depression is a terrible thing.

On the one hand you function as a normal everyday human being. But even the most simple normal things seem insurmountable big tasks. Till you get to the point where you do not know where to start.

And despair muchly.

I still have that stench in my nose.

Gawwd am I dumb....

0 Responses to "On Housekeeping...."