Oh, it is Maundy Tuesday.... Happy Fasching, everybody!






This is really not my favorite horriday. It sort of forces you to be 'happy' and 'funny', and you dress up like it is Halloween, and it is, well, forced somehow....

But what did I see early this morning? Went to get sammiches for breakfast at the market, and the lovely Claudia was a native American indian princess. I asked her daughter if she was Cher. She said she was a witch.

'Who is Cher?' she asked. Gawwd have I gotten old. She had not one inkling. Not one. So I said 'listen, believe me, witches are traditionally ugly, and Cher is beautiful. So you must be Cher. Go google her.'

And left.... crushed.

And as I was heading over to Peter's to bring him breakfast, there were easily one hundred tykes in their costumes under cold weather jackets and stuff, fully excited, and being taken to a Faschingsfest.

Which is the problem here, you see? The weather is always so miserable, that you can't see how nice the costumes are through the winter coats and all. And it snowed.

There is a parade downtown, but I have a mess of stuff to do, so that is all I got, and it suffices. But Claudia made a good indian....

0 Responses to "Oh, it is Maundy Tuesday.... Happy Fasching, everybody!"